T-Shirt Shaped Rainbow Tie-Dye Cake from Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio
Read the blog post here: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/?p=5893
Learn how to make a Tie-Dye cake with a rainbow inside, shaped like t-shirt in this video tutorial
• Vanilla cake batter coloured red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple
• White buttercream
• Piping gel coloured red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple or clear piping gel with red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple gel paste
• Fondant (yellow, white, black)
• T-shirt cake pan (optional). Get it here: http://amzn.to/118Dud1
1. Preheat the oven to 350F, and grease a T-shirt shaped cake pan.
2. Spoon cake batter into cake pan in a random pattern, piling piles of different colours onto each other. Continue until all the batter is used up.
3. Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes, or until cooked completely. Allow cake to cool before proceeding.
4. Place t-shirt cake onto a cake board, and cover in white buttercream.
5. Start in the middle of the chest area of the shirt, and using a spiral patter, squeeze each of the piping gel colours towards the outer edges of the cake.
6. Once cake has all of the piping gels on the top, using a clean paint brush, "wipe" the piping gel's from the center toward the outside of the cake. When brushing between light and dark colours, clean brush so colour mixing doesn't occur. Continue to work the wiping from the centre to the outside until all of the buttercream has been covered in blended piping gel.
7. To make the smiley face, roll out the yellow fondant and cut into a circle. Next, roll the white fondant out and cut a slightly larger circle. Attach the yellow circle to the white circle using a small amount of water, brushed on with a paint brush.
8. Roll the black fondant out and cut out a smiling mouth and eyes. Attach those with small amount of water.
9. Place fondant smiley face onto the center of the t-shirt cake.
10. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve. The cake can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Visit my blog at: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com