Fall Chex Mix Recipe
Find more of April's recipes at http://www.aprilmckinney.com
In this video, April makes a recipe Halloween Chex mix with candy corn! This would make for a festive snack for a school Halloween party, plus it gives the kids a break from the constant candy binge. Another wonderful thing about this recipe is that your whole house will smell like pumpkin spices and maple, perfect for Fall entertaining. So go ahead a buy that bag of candy corn, you won't regret making this adorable, kid friendly recipe.
For more Fall themed recipes, visit www.AprilMcKinney.com
3 cups Wheat Chex
3 cups Corn Chex
2 cups Pretzels
1 cup Peanuts, unsalted, if using "salted" omit salt in recipe
3 tablespoons butter
½ teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
1 1/2 cups Candy Corn
1 cup Dried Cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Place wheat chex, corn chex, pretzels, and peanuts on a sheet pan or use two if needed.
3. In a small skillet melt together butter, salt, pie spice, and maple syrup.
4. Pour the butter mixture over the chex mix and stir until everything is well coated.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to keep from burning.
6. Cool completely and then stir in the candy corn and cranberries. Store in an airtight container.